July 20, 2020
The Washington D.C.-based American Hotel & Lodging Association (AHLA) has released the Safe Stay Guest Checklist, a guide for guests on how to travel safely while also creating a standardized safety experience nationwide. The list is part of AHLA’s Safe Stay guidelines, an industry-wide, enhanced set of health and safety protocols designed to provide a safe and clean environment for all hotel guests and employees.
The checklist includes:
- Require face covering in all indoor public spaces and practice social distancing in common areas.
- Choose contactless options, where available, including online reservations, check-ins and payments.
- Consider daily room cleaning, only if necessary.
- Request contactless room service delivery.
- Refrain from traveling if you have, or recently had, any symptoms of COVID-19 or contact with anyone diagnosed with COVID-19.
“The top priority for the hotel industry is the health and safety of guests and employees. Utilizing these best practices, including requiring face coverings and practicing social distancing in public spaces, will create an even safer environment for all our guests and employees,” said Chip Rogers, president and CEO at AHLA. “As an industry, we want every guest to experience a clean and safe hotel no matter where they stay.”
For comments, questions or concerns, please contact David Cohen