March 29, 2020
The Arizona seasonally-adjusted unemployment rate remained at 4.5% in February 2020, the same as January 2020. A report from the state’s Office of Economic Opportunity showed Arizona nonfarm employment increased by 24,300 jobs in February. Fewer job gains were recorded in February 2020 compared to the historical 10-year (2010-2019) average gain of 25,100 jobs in February.
Year-over-year, Arizona nonfarm employment increased by 79,000 jobs or 2.7% in February. A majority of the job gains were recorded in private sector employment (69,400 jobs), while government recorded gains of 9,600 jobs in February.
YOY Gains were reported in:
- Education and Health Services (22,100 jobs)
- Trade, Transportation & Utilities (10,600 jobs)
- Leisure & Hospitality (9,500 jobs)
- Construction (9,200 jobs)
- Professional & Business Services (8,600 jobs)
- Financial Activities (7,200 jobs)
- Manufacturing (1,100 jobs)
- Information (500 jobs)
- Natural Resources & Mining (400 jobs)
- Other Services (200 jobs)
*Photo courtesy City of Phoenix
For comments, questions or concerns, please contact Dennis Kaiser