February 4, 2016
Fans began pouring into the Bay Area over the weekend in anticipation of Super Bowl 50 being held on Sunday, Feb. 7th. The game, between the Carolina Panthers and Denver Broncos, is actually being played in Santa Clara, but many of the festivities leading up to the game are in San Francisco.
The official NFL Super Bowl attraction, Super Bowl City, is located on the Embarcadero in Justin Herman Plaza in front of the Ferry Building, and features family-friendly activities for fans of all ages.
• CBS booth, “Golden Gate Bridge” zip line; Lombard Leap (run down Lombard St. replica try to catch a football)
• Official re-lighting of The Bay Lights on the Willie L. Brown, Jr. Bay Bridge
• Macy’s Fireworks Spectacular, performance by Chris Isaak
• NFL Experience at the Moscone Center
• More than 35 free performances