June 25, 2020
The Lightfoot administration announced an expansion to Chicago’s citywide outdoor dining program. The expansion will be in effect starting this weekend, and will close streets in five additional neighborhoods on the city’s North and South Sides, to continue helping small and local businesses increase operations.
The expanded outdoor dining program will close streets and utilize the public way to allow local businesses to establish operations outdoors. The city worked in close coordination with local Aldermen, businesses and chambers of commerce to tailor operations of the expansion to best meet the needs of businesses.
The following areas are included in the expansion:
• Balmoral Street – closed on both sides of North Clark
• Chinatown Square – adjacent to Archer Avenue from Wentworth to Princeton
• Taylor Street – closed from Loomis to Ashland
• Oliphant Avenue – closed from Northwest Highway to the first alley to the North
• 75th Street – sidewalk dining areas from Indiana to Calumet
For comments, questions or concerns, please contact Paul Bubny