October 13, 2017 Comments (0) Views: 253 Southeast

Columbia, Allianz Take DC Asset for $421M

Columbia Property Trust, Inc., and JV partner, Allianz Real Estate, acquired 1800 M Street, a 581,000-square-foot office building in Washington, DC from PGIM Real Estate for $421 million. Columbia, which took a 55% interest, will serve as the managing partner responsible for property management and leasing activities, with Allianz owning the remaining 45%.

Columbia’s Nelson Mills says, “With its exceptional location, physical quality, and strong occupancy, 1800 M Street is the right opportunity to expand our presence in this key market and further our partnership with Allianz.”

The 94%-leased, “Golden Triangle” property recently underwent extensive renovations including modernizing the façade, building a new dual-entry lobby, creating a 9,000-square-foot luxury fitness center and roof deck, as well as upgrades to the elevators, restrooms, and multi-tenant corridors.

HFF’s Andrew Weir, Jim Meisel, Stephen Conley and Matt Nicholson represented the seller. HFF also procured the buyer.

Connect With Columbia’s Mills

Connect With HFF’s Weir


Get CRE News in 150 words

For comments, questions or concerns, please contact Dennis Kaiser

Share on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterShare on LinkedInEmail this to someone

Tags: ,

Comments are closed.