March 20, 2020
“When are office buildings going to be locked down or asked to close? And if that happens, what are tenants going to be requesting of an owner?”
Questions such as this one, posed by Madison Marquette’s Drew Genova, normally wouldn’t be part of the conversation for commercial real estate executives. But, for the moment, they’re reflective of the new normal of social distancing and sheltering in place that has been brought about by the coronavirus pandemic and the efforts by both public and private sectors to contain the spread.
Earlier this month, Connect Commercial Real Estate gathered experts representing each of the major property types for a 40-minute webinar on the impact of COVID-19. Their focus: the measures each is taking to promote a safer environment within their properties, for tenants and visitors alike. Daniel Ceniceros, CEO of Connect Commercial Real Estate, moderated the discussion.
The panelists have been reconvened for a follow-up webinar on property operations during this unprecedented time, in which questions and considerations such as the ones posed by Genova need to be weighed and acted on.
The panelists included:
• Julianne B. Goodfellow, senior director, government affairs, National Multifamily Housing Council
• Mark Duclos, president and co-founder, Sentry Commercial & SIOR President
• Brian Nelson, president and founder, NB Private Capital
• Anjee Solanki, national director retail services | USA, Colliers International
• Drew Genova, chief asset services officer, Madison Marquette
• Michael Oddo, founder and CEO, Metro Services Group
• Peter Hosford, program director, senior industrial hygienist, EBI Consulting
• Jeff Herrera, senior general manager, Rising Realty Partners
The webinar is available for replay in the recording below.
For comments, questions or concerns, please contact Paul Bubny