June 16, 2015
Several CRE professionals were asked what their favorite reads were, check out their recommendations!
1. Michael Mandel, CEO/Co-Founder of CompStak recommends:
Predictable Revenue: Turn Your Business into a Sales Machine with the $100 Million Best Practices of Salesforce.com by Aaron Ross and Marylou Tyler
WHY: Discusses innovative sales techniques and how Salesforce.com doubled their enterprise growth in just a few years.
2. Duke Long, CRE writer and broker/owner of the Duke Long Agency recommends:
Zero to One: Notes on Startups, or How to Build the Future by Peter Thiel and Blake Masters
WHY: This book will teach you how to think for yourself and how to find new values.
3. Howard Kline, CEO, Host, and Editor-in-Chief at CRE Radio and Owner of Law Offices of Howard F. Kline recommends:
Start with Why: How Great Leaders Inspire Everyone to Take Action by Simon Sinek
WHY: This book discusses why certain people and companies command greater loyalty and thus are more successful than their competitors.
4. Barbi Reuter, COO at Cushman & Wakefield | PICOR and Director at CREW Network recommends:
Good to Great: Why Some Companies Make the Leap…And Others Don’t by Jim Collins
WHY: Learn how your company can achieve lasting greatness.
5. Michael Bull, Host and Producer of the Commercial Real Estate Show and CEO of Bull Realty recommends:
Soft Selling in a Hard World: Plain Talk on the Art of Persuasion by Jerry Vass AND Negotiating Commercial Real Estate Leases by Martin I. Zankel
WHY: Vass’ book details the processes that occur within every lease from the eyes of the tenant and landlord. Zankel’s book details the processes that occur in every lease from both the tenant and landlords point of view.
7. Mike Cobb, Senior VP at Colliers International recommends:
The Box: How the Shipping Container Made the World Smaller and the World Economy Bigger by Marc Levinson;
Trammell Crow, Master Builder: The Story of America’s Largest Real Estate Empire by Robert Sobel;
The Heights: Anatomy of a Skyscraper by Kate Ascher;
Swimming to Antarctica: Tales of a Long Distance Swimmer by Lynne Cox
WHY: These books discuss how real-life stories from all different industries can be applied to the CRE world.
8. Joe Stampone, Vice President of Investments at Atlas Real Estate Partners recommends:
Never Eat Alone: And Other Secrets to Success, One Relationship at a Time by Keith Ferrazzi;
The Checklist Manifesto: How to Get Things Right by Atul Gawande
WHY: You will learn how relationships can lead to enduring success.
Tags: connect classroom