May 31, 2017
The first phase of a large-scale multifamily development in Detroit’s 50-block District Detroit redevelopment project is moving forward. The $160-million in activity totals 686 units, including 139 affordable units, and encompasses four historic redevelopment projects, as well as two new developments.
Detroit-based American Community Developers, Inc. is teaming with Olympia Development on five of the projects near Little Caesars Arena. Bagley Development Group LLC is redeveloping the United Artists Theatre project.
The projects include (expected start date):
- One Eleven West, 80 residential units with retail at 111 Henry (2017)
- Arena Lofts, 153 residential units with retail at 120 Henry (2017)
- The Eddystone, 96 residential units with retail at 110 Sproat St. (2018)
- The American, 163 units with retail at 408 Temple St. (2018)
- The Alhambra, 46 residential units with retail at 100-112 Temple St. (2018)
- United Artists Theatre, 148 residential units with retail at 150 Bagley St. (2017)
For comments, questions or concerns, please contact Dennis Kaiser