March 10, 2020
Within a matter of weeks, the novel coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) has gone from being a public health concern in China to becoming one across the globe, including the United States. Spreading at least as rapidly as COVID-19 itself have been fear and misinformation.
With a view toward promoting the exchange of reliable information along with best practices, Connect Commercial Real Estate on Tuesday gathered experts representing each of the major property types for a 40-minute webinar on the impact of COVID-19.
Their focus: the measures each is taking to promote a safer environment within their properties, for tenants and visitors alike. Daniel Ceniceros, CEO of Connect Commercial Real Estate, moderated the discussion.
The panelists included:
• Julianne B. Goodfellow, senior director, government affairs, National Multifamily Housing Council
• Mark Duclos, president & co-founder, Sentry Commercial & SIOR President
• Kiersten H. Pearce, VP, member engagement & services, American Hotel & Lodging Association
• Anjee Solanki, national director retail services | USA, Colliers International
• Drew Genova, chief asset services officer, Madison Marquette
• Michael Oddo, founder & president, Metro Services Group
• Laura Boyd, property risk program manager, Pinnacle
• Jeff Herrera, senior general manager, Rising Realty Partners
Although common sense plays a major part in the COVID-19 strategies across these property types—for example, encouraging people to wash their hands regularly—there are also considerations unique to each sector.
A retail environment, for example, may see hundreds of shoppers coming and going on a daily basis, while multifamily properties offer community spaces such as gyms and saunas. Panelists addressed these considerations in the course of the conversation.
Also on the agenda was the business impact of COVID-19, which, of course, is evolving and varies from one sector to another. Connect Commercial Real Estate plans to reconvene the panelists in a few weeks for an update.
Meanwhile, the webinar is available for replay in the recording below.
For comments, questions or concerns, please contact Paul Bubny