May 19, 2020
Fairfax County, VA. is home to 11 Fortune 500 companies for the first time, according to Fortune magazine’s recently published 2020 list.
The county now has more Fortune 500 headquarters than 35 states and the District of Columbia, and is home to nearly two-thirds of the 17 companies based in the Washington, D.C., region. Fairfax County had 10 companies on the 2019 list. It added its 11th in SAIC, which entered the list at number 466.
Fortune based its rankings on 2019 revenue. The new list includes the following Fairfax County-based companies.
- 41. Freddie Mac, Tysons, financial services
- 83. General Dynamics, Reston, aerospace and defense
- 96. Northrop Grumman, Falls Church area, aerospace and defense
- 97. Capital One Financial, Tysons, financial services
- 155. DXC Technology, Tysons, information technology
- 289. Leidos Holdings, Reston, information technology
- 338. Hilton Worldwide Holdings, Tysons, hospitality
- 417. NVR, Reston, home construction
- 434. Beacon Roofing, Herndon, building materials
- 450. Booz Allen Hamilton, Tysons, management consulting
- 466. SAIC, Reston, information technology
For comments, questions or concerns, please contact David Cohen