Houston-based Hines, Washington, D.C.-based Urban Atlantic and D.C.-based Triden Development Group broke ground on The Parks at Walter Reed, a 3.1-million-square-foot mixed-use neighborhood in Washington, D.C. Planned on 66 acres of the former Walter Reed Army Medical Center, the 10 to 15 year phased development includes a mix of new construction and adaptive reuse of historic structures.
In addition to initiating development on new project components, the project’s first phase includes preservation of historic buildings to be later renovated and restored, demolition of the 1970’s era hospital, which makes way for the development of a Town Center, and infrastructure and landscape improvements.
The Parks at Walter Reed includes:
- More than 2,100 units of rental and for-sale housing, including 432 affordable units
- 150,000 to 250,000 square feet of grocery-anchored retail
- 185,000 square feet of office space
- A 200-key hotel and conference center
- Nearly 20 acres of open space, community parks and plazas
For comments, questions or concerns, please contact Dennis Kaiser