August 12, 2019
Privately-held real estate investment firm Four Mile Capital (FMC) sold the historic W.D. Grant Building, a 130,000-square-foot office property in Atlanta’s CBD for $13.6 million. The property was 56% occupied at the time of sale.
Located at 44 Broad St. N.W., the 10-story building was constructed in 1898 and is on the National Register of Historic Places. FMC purchased the building out of bankruptcy in 2017 for $7.9 million, and spent roughly $2 million on capital improvements to the property. Improvements included a new roof, elevator and HVAC upgrades, exterior paint, marble polishing and window replacements.
A team from HFF represented FMC in the transaction. The buyer was not disclosed. The deal was completed prior to HFF being acquired by JLL.
For comments, questions or concerns, please contact David Cohen