October 9, 2019
The former Johnny Cace’s Seafood & Steakhouse property on East Marshall Avenue in Longview, TX, sold, more than four years after the 14,848-square-foot building’s vacancy. The property at 1501 E. Marshall Ave. had been on the market since the restaurant closed in March 2015. The buyer was undisclosed.
Johnny Cace’s opened in 1949, and is believed to be the first fine-dining restaurant in the region. A marker awarded by the Texas Historical Commission was placed outside the restaurant shortly after it closed.
Restaurant founder Johnny Case turned operations over to his son, Gerard, in the early 1980s. Gerard died in 2012. Gerard’s wife, Cathy Cace, and daughter, Chelsea, operated the restaurant until it closed.
For comments, questions or concerns, please contact Amy Sorter