December 14, 2018
Irvine Company Office Properties signed seven new leases totaling 217,844 square feet at 71 South Wacker, the 48-story, 1.5-million-square-foot modern workplace community in downtown Chicago. More than half of the leasing activity is in former Hyatt space.
Irvine Company Office Properties’ Greg Tait says, “Hyatt’s departure presented a once-in-a-generation opportunity to diversify our customer community and welcome a modern array of companies across industries and sectors.”
– Benesch Law took 63,749 square feet of former Hyatt space on the 15th and 16th floors, with plans to move in 2019. Joe Learner and Jon Azulay of Savills Studley represented the tenant.
– Columbia Threadneedle Investments signed for 21,737 square feet, with a 2019 occupancy planned. David Findling of Cushman & Wakefield represented the tenant.
– EVRAZ North America claimed 27,717 square feet. Rob Schmidt of JLL represented the tenant.
– Legal & General expanded its lease to 63,141 square feet. Todd Lippman, Scott Brandwein, and Jacob Ehrenberg of CBRE represented the tenant.
– Lighthouse Investment Partners, LLC took 16,629 square feet, and will take occupancy this month. Ari Klein and James Stein of Cushman & Wakefield represented the tenant.
– Maven Wave expanded its lease to roughly 20,000 square feet across the 20th and 34th floors. Jon Milonas of CBRE represented the tenant.
– Spectrum Science Communications signed for 4,871 square feet. Kyle Robbins of MB Real Estate represented the tenant.
Brad Despot, Annie Nicolau and Mark Georgas of JLL represented the landlord in all deals.
For comments, questions or concerns, please contact Dennis Kaiser