January 20, 2020
Plano, TX-headquartered J.C. Penney announced plans to close down six stores by the end of April, as well as a call center in Lenexa, KS, which employs 243 people. A spokesperson for the company told the Dallas Morning News that the decisions were part of the company’s annual review of its 846 stores.
The stores to close are:
- Southgate Mall, Missoula, MT
- Myrtle Beach Mall, Myrtle Beach, SC
- Chapel Hill Mall, Akron, OH
- North Hills Shopping Center, Raleigh, NC
- Tulsa Promenade, Tulsa, OK
- Green Acres Mall, Valley Stream, NY
The Lenexa distribution center is one of Penney’s three largest distribution centers, measuring approximately two million square feet. Overall, the company operates 11 distribution centers nationwide.
For comments, questions or concerns, please contact Amy Sorter