May 24, 2017
JLL’s Retail Amenities Guide examines how brick-and-mortar retailers can deliver in-store experiences and brand loyalty through added amenities. The report was unveiled this week at ICSC RECon in Las Vegas, highlighting five concepts that bring customers through the door.
- Hospitality now in store: Luxury brands are known to offer amenities including VIP spaces, private fitting rooms and lounge areas in their flagship stores. Those perks are meant to entice and reward their best customers.
- Bringing the playing field to shoppers: Retailers are designing their stores with areas or zones that are highly interactive and immersive, allowing consumers to test products and become fully engaged in vivid new experiences.
- Food for thought: One of the most sought after amenities in shopping centers is an abundance of dining options.
- Elements of heritage: A brand’s story over time is a major component of why a brand is what it is today. Some retailers now include pieces of a brand’s history as an homage to the past and an invitation into the retailer’s culture.
- Clean and contemporary – design that is: Design is, not surprisingly, one of the most essential elements of a store’s success. Today, retailers are blending unique styles in clean cut and contemporary fashions for a visually satisfying brand.
For comments, questions or concerns, please contact Dennis Kaiser