August 22, 2016
National tech employment is slowing, but remains the leading industry, driving employment growth in the US overall. JLL’s research team dug into the numbers and discovered a cache of trends.
- Chief among them is that Los Angeles ranks No. 1 for wage growth from technology jobs at 13.2%, which is nearly double Silicon Valley’s.
- There are now 13.1% more tech jobs today than at the height of the dot-com boom in 2001.
- Tech epicenters are dominating job growth, mainly because these hub markets are at the center of industry innovation with the highest concentration of companies, ideas and talent.
Other LA findings include:
- LA tech wages are ranked 10th in the US with an annual wage of $114,540
- LA has the 7th most technology jobs in the US at 104,418
- LA added the 10th most tech jobs in 2015 in the US at 5,740
For comments, questions or concerns, please contact Dennis Kaiser