November 28, 2016
Eleven iconic buildings in Manhattan’s East Midtown are officially landmarks as part of the city’s strategy to upgrade the district. Additionally, “I look forward to the Citicorp Building joining these as a landmark,” said Manhattan Borough President Gale A. Brewer, co-chair of the East Midtown Steering Committee.
Landmark status was granted to:
- Graybar Building, 420 Lexington Ave.
- Pershing Square, 125 Park Ave.
- Yale Club of New York City, 50 Vanderbilt Ave.
- Minnie E. Young residence, 19 E. 54th St.
- Martin Erdmann residence, 57 E. 55th St.
- Hampton Shops, 18-20 E. 50th St.
- 18 E. 41st St.
- 400 Madison Ave.
- Shelton Hotel, 523-527 Lexington Ave.
- Beverly Hotel, 125 E. 50th St.
- Hotel Lexington, 511 Lexington Ave.
The Steering Committee’s recommendations include protecting historic resources, transportation upgrades and as-of-right development of higher density and modernized office space.
— Bendix Anderson
For comments, questions or concerns, please contact Amy Sorter