March 18, 2020
Massive disruptions in the destination travel, hotel, event and hospitality sectors have Las Vegas casino and resort owners responding in different fashions, with all making radical adjustments to standard operating procedures in response to near-term public safety concerns. For instance, Caesar’s properties are staying open under new operating protocols, with the Sands Corp and Wynn Resorts closing their strip properties for at least two weeks.
As of today, the list of closures include:
– Sands Corp: The Venetian, Palazzo and Sands Expo and Convention Center. Until April.
– Wynn Resorts Ltd: Wynn and Encore properties for minimum two weeks.
– MGM Resorts International: Bellagio, the MGM Grand, Mandalay Bay, The Mirage, Luxor, New York-New York, Excalibur and Park MGM. Indefinitely.
– The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas: Closed until the end of the month.
With operators choosing to remain open under modified operating protocols:
– Caesars Entertainment Corp: All properties, closure of buffets and some restaurants.
– Station Casinos: All properties.
– The Strat
– Treasure Island
For comments, questions or concerns, please contact Chris Egger