December 8, 2020
J.R. Sechrist is a partner in the Real Estate Section of Rutan & Tucker, LLP in Costa Mesa, CA, with substantial experience representing real estate developers, investors, tenants, landlords and borrowers. His practice includes all aspects of real estate transactions, including acquisitions, dispositions, development, construction, financing, leasing and joint ventures. Sechrist also has significant experience with workouts and restructurings of real estate loans.
Among Sechrist’s areas of experience across property sectors ranging from multifamily to industrial and life sciences are the following:
• Acquisition, disposition and financing of multifamily projects, retail centers, office buildings, and industrial properties
• Acquisition and development of residential real property projects
• Development and construction of multifamily projects, retail centers, and industrial properties
• Drafting and negotiating leases on behalf of both landlords and tenants for office, industrial and retail properties
• Drafting and negotiating loan documentation on behalf of borrowers in connection with real estate secured financing
• Entity formation, including joint ventures, general and limited partnerships, limited liability companies and corporations
Before joining Rutan, Sechrist held the position of Senior Corporate Counsel for Amazon.com, where he served as the lead attorney for several organizations within Amazon’s cloud computing business (AWS). His four years of experience as a corporate in-house attorney bring a pragmatic business perspective to complex legal issues confronting clients. Prior to Amazon, Sechrist practiced real estate and corporate law at Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher.
It’s for these reasons that we named J.R. Sechrist to our inaugural grouping of Lawyers in Real Estate. These are real estate attorneys who have distinguished themselves in both their practice and the larger community.
For comments, questions or concerns, please contact Paul Bubny