February 11, 2020
The Mortgage Bankers Association (MBA) released its year-end ranking of commercial and multifamily mortgage servicers’ volumes at the 2020 Commercial Real Estate Finance/Multifamily Housing Convention & Expo.
PNC Real Estate/Midland Loan Services claimed the top slot, with $702 billion in master and primary servicing, followed by Wells Fargo Bank, N.A. ($700 billion), KeyBank National Association ($306 billion), Berkadia Commercial Mortgage LLC ($280 billion), and CBRE Loan Services ($228 billion).
Among servicers with retained or purchased servicing of U.S. mortgaged, income-producing properties,
- Wells Fargo, PNC/Midland and KeyBank are the largest primary and master servicers for CMBS, CDO or other ABS loans;
- PGIM Real Estate Finance is the largest for credit company, pension funds, REITs, and investment fund loans;
- Wells Fargo, Walker & Dunlop, and Berkadia are the largest for Fannie Mae loans;
- Wells Fargo, KeyBank, and PNC are the largest for Freddie Mac loans;
- Orix Real Estate Capital, Walker & Dunlop, and Berkadia are the largest for FHA & Ginnie Mae loans;
- JLL, NorthMarq Capital, and CBRE for life insurance company loans; and
Wells Fargo for loans held in warehouse.
- PNC, Wells Fargo, and CWCapital Asset Management LLC are the largest named special servicers.
- Wells Fargo, PNC, and PGIM Real Estate Finance are the top servicers for loans held in own portfolio, U.S. mortgaged, income-producing properties.
For comments, questions or concerns, please contact Dennis Kaiser