April 24, 2019
A portion of Mercy Health’s $291 million medical tower in Muskegon, MI is slated to debut early next month, including intermediate and intensive care, and medical and surgical units. The opening of the fifth through ninth floors represents the second phase of the 10-story tower being completed at the Mercy Health Muskegon Mercy Campus.
Once delivered, the medical center at 1500 E Sherman Blvd. will have 267 beds, with all inpatient rooms single-occupancy and equipped with a patient wardrobe, flat-screen TV, wireless internet access, floor-to-ceiling window, bathroom and a six-foot-long convertible couch for family.
Last December, the garden level and first floor opened at the 380,000-square-foot tower, which commenced construction in September 2016. The facility is expected to be complete by spring 2020, encompassing the tower’s remaining floors and renovation of the attached existing hospital.
The balance of work includes:
– a second phase of the emergency and trauma center
– a second phase of the surgical and intervention procedure rooms
– patient and family resource center
– outpatient and universal care unit
– inpatient rehabilitation
– medical and surgical unit
– labor and delivery, mother and baby, and pediatric units
For comments, questions or concerns, please contact Dennis Kaiser