September 11, 2017
Good news for office developers — the number of jobs in New York City rose by 106,800 over the year that ended July 2017. That kind of growth will help justify the frantic pace of building in New York.
The 106,800 new jobs is up from 87,300 the year before — a year that had seemed solid for job growth at the time. The city added to its record level of employment, with total jobs exceeding 4.4 million.
Top sectors for job gains:
– Professional and business services added 30,100 jobs
– Health care services added 29,100 jobs
– Educational services added 24,500 jobs
– Leisure and hospitality added 15,400 jobs
– Financial services added 8,200 jobs
For comments, questions or concerns, please contact Bendix Anderson