March 24, 2016 Comments Off on More Than a Portfolio: The Passion Behind the Properties Views: 345 California News, Connect Classroom, Midwest, Ohio

More Than a Portfolio: The Passion Behind the Properties

Connect Media spoke with James H. Lagos and his wife, Nike, about their business, Lagos Central, which specializes in the management of leased CRE and residential properties. The duo shared their passion-filled story behind the family-owned company, as well as the interesting background on two properties in their portfolio. 

JimLagos2016-200

Q. What makes you and your wife Nike passionate about using your CRE portfolio in downtown Springfield, Ohio as a platform to create jobs?

A. When we were children, the plant across the street from my Greek immigrant father’s restaurant closed and 2,200 people lost their jobs on Christmas Eve. The human devastation was horrible. In 1993, we bought the 1893 Bushnell Building and the One South Limestone Street Building, designed by Skidmore, Owings and Merrill of Chicago to resemble the Sears Tower. We have spent the past two decades renovating these buildings with every bell and whistle a tenant could want. We enticed HSG|CodeBlue to come to Springfield and created 200 plus jobs by giving them over a year of free rent, all inclusive. Nike and I felt really good.

Q. What about One South Limestone makes it stand out as a prime property?

A. It features 360 degree wrap-around views and almost unlimited electrical and computer capacity. We have 90,000 square feet of truly Class A office space available. The building is in the middle of a park. If somebody wants to create 50, 100, 200 or 500 jobs, we can replicate what we did for HSG|CodeBlue. The spaces are already fully furnished and wired. Clark State Community College will customize training programs to provide any training needed by a potential employer. We have every cultural amenity and recreational amenity an employee could want, and we are hungry to make deals.

Q. You own the Bushnell Building, which is on the National Register of Historic Places and is Platinum LEED Certified. What kind of tenants do you envision taking up such an iconic space?

A. The key thing about this historic building is that every square foot is functional. Every cubicle on a floor provides a window view on three sides. All of the offices have glass walls and glass doors, so even the lowest paid employee feels like they have a corner office.

We are looking for tenants who care about their employees, and who want them to look forward to coming to work every morning and stay in their space all day. Only 62% of our working age population is actually working. We need the remaining 38% to want to come to work. All we need is employers with vision.

Connect With James Lagos

Share on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterShare on LinkedInEmail this to someone

Tags: , ,

Comments are closed.