October 20, 2017
Hoque Capital and KDC released plans for the 20-acre Dallas Smart District, a downtown urban neighborhood that will include office, residential, retail, hospitality and open space. The master-planned development will be built on Canton Street from the Dallas Convention Center to the Farmers Market neighborhood, and adjacent to Dallas City Hall.
The “smart” designation comes from a planned, digitized infrastructure that will encompass communications, as well as the day-to-day operational systems of security, parking, energy, water, lighting, waste management and recycling.
The first phase of the development will include:
- 600,000-1 million square feet of international Class A office space
- A location for a major urban grocery store
- A food hall with a culinary incubator and upscale casual dining
- A boutique hotel, with residences
- Parks and greenspace with recreational areas, pet-friendly environments and bike paths
KDC is developing the office space, and Hoque Global is directing the residential, retail and hospitality end.
For comments, questions or concerns, please contact Amy Sorter