April 26, 2019
Prospect Medical Holdings, the parent company of Nix Health, wants a buyer for a downtown San Antonio hospital and four affiliated medical facilities. The company told the Rivard Report that it wants to sell its local assets to focus more on other markets, including Rhode Island, Connecticut and New Jersey. Prospect medical, headquartered in Los Angeles, acquired Nix Health in 2012.
The following facilities are the only ones in Texas owned by Prospect:
- Nix Medical Center Downtown, 414 Navarro St.
- Nix Alamo Heights, 5307 Broadway
- Nix Behavioral Health Center, 1975 Babcock Rd.
- Nix Specialty Health Center — Behavioral, 4330 Vance Jackson
- Nix Home Care, 2929 Mossrock
Nix Medical Center Downtown began life as the J.M. Nix Professional Building, developed by Joseph M. Nix, who envisioned a building that would house a hospital, physicians’ offices and a parking garage. The building delivered in the late 1920s.
Pictured: Nix Medical Center Downtown
For comments, questions or concerns, please contact Amy Sorter