April 4, 2017
Five new Bay Area restaurants were selected to anchor the Golden State Warriors $1-billion Chase Center arena when it opens in 2019. The team is seeking to bring an “only in the Bay Area” food experience to the 18,000-seat facility located in San Francisco.
Each of the restauranteurs are smaller, family-owned operations that cater to the Bay Area’s discerning foodie audience. There will also be more traditional food options (hot dogs, chicken strips, nachos) available at the arena.
The restaurants, which will be operated in partnership with Bon Appetit and Levy Restaurants, include:
- Bakesale Betty, a popular Oakland fried chicken restaurant
- Tacolicious, a Mexican restaurant
- Sam’s Chowder House of Half Moon Bay
- Hot Dog Bill’s, which operates a family-run stand at the Olympic Club
- Big Nate’s BBQ, a reincarnation of a closed barbecue by the late Nate Thurmond, a former Hall of Fame Warriors player
For comments, questions or concerns, please contact Dennis Kaiser