March 22, 2018
Connect Los Angeles is next week (March 27th) at the Hotel Indigo in DTLA. Here is where to get more information and REGISTER.
Los Angeles-based The Ratkovich Company (TRC) and San Pedro CA-based Jerico Development, Inc. unveiled new renderings, development timeline, and project updates for the planned San Pedro Public Market on L.A.’s Waterfront. The plans showcase a world-class, urban waterfront destination for locals and tourists that is geared to re-energize and connect downtown San Pedro and the surrounding community to the waterfront.
Envisioned as an environmentally-sensitive and sustainable urban environment, the Public Market redevelopment is expected to bring a vibrant, family-friendly shopping, dining, entertainment and recreational-themed destination to the former Ports O’ Call site.
In 2016, the Board of Harbor Commissioners’ awarded a 50-year master ground lease to the TRC/Jerico team. Plans include a 30-foot wide continuous waterfront Promenade, Town Square plaza, as well as an array of curated mix of retail, restaurant and entertainment venues.
The design team includes Rapt Studio, James Corner Field Operations and Adamson Associates.
– Promenade: Demolition (Port of L.A.) / Seawall – Ongoing through 2021
– Phase 1A: Public Market Construction – anticipated start July 2019
– Phase 1A: Public Market Open – anticipated with 12-18 months of construction for late 2020
– San Pedro Public Market is scheduled to open late 2020 or beginning of 2021
– Phase 1B: Construction – anticipated start early 2021
– Phase 1B: Open – anticipated after 12-18 months of construction to be late 2021 or early 2022
For comments, questions or concerns, please contact Dennis Kaiser