September 28, 2016
UC Irvine opened a new 75,000-square-foot instructional and collaborative facility on the East side of the campus. The five-story, state-of-the-art building will house the renamed UCI Division of Continuing Education.
Among the features of the new building are:
- 23 classrooms housing up to 770 students, including two computer classrooms, one high-tech classroom, and technology to support remote instruction and learning
- Office space for 200 staff members as well as workspace for international instructors
- Conference rooms and central gathering areas equipped with outlets to foster a connected environment
- Soundproof recording booth and separate media room with green screen technology
- 3,000 square-foot ballroom, an outdoor plaza, and an on-site coffee shop
The LEED platinum certified UCI DCE facility broke ground in October 2015.
For comments, questions or concerns, please contact Dennis Kaiser